The Coming of the Holy Spirit, by the artist, Joseph Ignaz Mildorfer. This painting currently hangs in the Hungarian National Gallery.
New Ministries at St. Anna’s
As the Episcopal Church in Louisiana moves closer to in person worship St. Anna’s is seeking volunteers for new ministries that have and are evolving as a result of the Pandemic:
- Greeters, now are much more than greeters they will be “Crowd Managers.” This will include at least one training session in how to manage folks coming to worship: how they will enter and exit the church; how they may/or may not receive communion (if such is permitted); also how to introduce folks to our “Hospitality Table” which will provide missals, bulletins, masks if needed, and Holy Water.
- Klean Krewe, may be greeters or may be simply devoted parishioners vested in safe worship. Assuming that we host two services these folks will be tasked with spraying down our church facility then wiping several of the surfaces down that may have been occupied. It does not require a lot of muscle but it will take (depending on the numbers of volunteers) about 20 min. max.
- Audio Visual Ministries. This new ministry will run a modified sound board, computer, and cameras that will record and broadcast our worship services going forward. We are looking for about 4 persons who are willing to be trained and then be on a service rota.
These new ministries are vital to the life of our church, our safe worship, and are each an expression of the Love that we hold so dear for each other. Please don’t be shy, please consider volunteering for these new and vital ministries. Because soon we will be together again.
Worship and Spiritual Aids:
Did you know that any one of you can lead The Daily Office and you are encouraged to learn how to lead one of the Daily Offices of prayer. If you think that you have a calling to lead prayer via social media please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
This Sunday we will be saying the Mass using Prayer A. For those with The Book of Common Prayer the Mass begins on page 355 prayer A begins on page 361. NEXT WEEK we intend to mail to everyone that we have addresses for a copy of a Missal for use at home.
The Readings this Sunday are found at this link:
And, if you have some hymnals here is the music for this Sunday:
Processional Hymn: #494 Crown Him With Many Crowns
Gospel/Sequence Hymn: WLP #761 Ev’ry Time I Feel the Spirit
Music at Communion: What a Friend We Have in Jesus Arr. K Leach, piano Based on LEVAS #109
Hymn at Communion: WLP # 810 On Eagles Wings
Recessional Hymn: LEVAS #9 On Jordan’s Stormy Banks I Stand
If you wish to have a hymnal for use in the home email email@example.com and we will make sure one is available to be checked and for pick up.
COFFEE HOUR! Help all of us to stay connected
Zoom In and say hello NO PASSWORD REQUIRED…
William Terry is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.
Topic: Coffee Hour with Saint Anna’s
Time: May 31, 2020 11:30 AM Central Time (US and Canada)
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 474 663 2892
One tap mobile
+13126266799,,4746632892# US (Chicago)
Dial by your location
+1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
Meeting ID: 474 663 2892
Anna’s Place NOLA
We could use your support for our “Month of Giving” for GivingTuesdayNow and #GiveNOLA Day . You can donate online from May 5 – June 2, 2020 donate:
at https://www.givenola.org/annas-place-nola or for more information email us at firstname.lastname@example.org ”
More on Summer Camp as it develops.
2020 Food Pantry Shopping List from Br. Don and Company
Check the Website Next Week for a New List!
Brother Don has a new email address: Pantry@stannanola.com and you may ask why that is. Well, Brother Don will be enjoying two wonderful experiences. He will assume his final vows as a Friar in the Order of St. Francis and Claire in June. Also in June Don will be retiring from his secular job and will be joining the staff at St. Anna’s as our first contact person, answering the door, telephones, handing out lunch bags to the homeless that come to our door and greeting visitors. What a wonderful expression of his vocation.
The June donations food list is as follows:
Prayer Requests for Sunday
Parishioners please send your prayer requests to Brother Don via email prior to Friday at Noon if at all possible. Brother will submit a consolidated list of prayers to Fr Bill for our Sunday Mass each week. email@example.com
The Church Office
OFFICE HOURS: Spiritual Direction, Consultation, Hearing of Confessions, or just to visit. Here is the criteria; here are the Conditions:
- It is by appointment only. Call the Church or email us. We will set it up.
- We will maintain safe distancing and have sanitizer present.
- If you have a fever or are sick let us know and Fr. Terry will call you. STAY HOME.
- If you want to talk SKYPE or ZOOM on another day just reach out and we can make that happen as well.
Fr. Terry and the spiritual team are available to you to talk, meet on the internet, or meet during Office Hours for prayer, for discussion, for Confession, or simply to sit with someone in the church. Reach out to us because we can make it safe and yet stay connected. In our team is Deacon Buck, Deacon Joyce Jackson, Pastor Claire Brooks, Br. Don and myself. We are here for you. Call or email. Please do not let the isolation get to you. Do not struggle alone with depression (clinical or otherwise) give us a call.
Church Giving Opportunities-help us keep the missions going!
Please consider an additional monetary donation as well as insuring that your pledge or tithe is received. You can do this on line or by mail. That said, as St. Paul teaches us, give with a grateful and joyful spirit. Here is the link: https://stannanola.org/donate/
Another way to help your church out is that when you are making purchases using AMAZON consider using AMAZON Smile. Select St. Anna’s as your charity and a portion of your purchases will go to St. Anna’s and the site is just like your regular AMAZON Site: https://smile.amazon.com/
” For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.”
Paul’s Letter to the Romans
My phone: (504) 473-0073
Call 504-947-2121 and leave a message.