Life is very busy in this harried world. Priorities of job, family, vocation create a life where time is so highly valued and it seems so little. When do you rest, spend time with family, with each other; when do we have space to simply be? I understand I truly do.
St. Anna’s is like that steady rock that will remain. We are here for you when you need us. We are also here for a larger community. Sometimes just the thought that something or someone is always there is enough. St. Anna’s is as much an idea as it is a place.
“If our love of God does not directly influence, and even change, how we engage in the issues of our time on this earth, I wonder what good religion is.” Fr. Richard Rohrer
Richard Rohrer asked a very good question. Many of you asked similar questions in your journey. You were or are seeking a spiritual space that included more than the usual suspects. We believe that we are all a work in progress and so is Saint Anna’s faith community (Church). What St. Anna’s is, however, is a thought and an idea of how Jesus’ truth is really worked out. Many people claim St. Anna’s as their favorite church. Many of them never go to church but they recognize what we do, how we generally believe, and what actions we take to make the Gospel real. Here are only a few of the issues that your church is addressing in some way:
- Poor children without an interruption in their lives usually remain as poor adults. Anna’s Place NOLA interrupts cycles of poverty.
- There will always be a percentage of the population that is chronically homeless. To make them invisible is to let them suffer. We feed the poor and visit them.
- There is a strong “religious right” or cohort of Conservative Evangelical Christians that say that being gay is a sin; that gender fluidity is against the will of God; that women should remain silent. We work every day to create a safe space for those same people; we choose to believe that Jesus is generous and welcomes all regardless of what they are or who they are.
- Anti semitism and racism are becoming more robust in our society. We pledge to work against these forces of evil and we do so every day in our prayers and in our actions.
Please consider supporting the work that we have before us. We are asking you for a pledge so that we can, with vitality, continue the work begun. Please consider:
- A pledge of $25/month for 2020.
- A pledge of $50/month for 2020.
- A pledge of $100/month for 2020.
If a pledge is just not in your sphere then consider a one time donation in 2019 and one in 2020. We can accept donations online, using paper or CQR code. For online donations go to stannanola.org or contact the church at (504) 947-2121 or email email@example.com to make other arrangements.
We’d love to see you in church but we understand that this world is a VERY busy place. Let me know of your thoughts or suggestions. I would love to hear from you.
With the love of Christ
The Very Rev. Bill Terry+